Set up wine-macosx? (Re: How are we doing?)

Jim White jim at pagesmiths.com
Tue May 30 10:12:49 CDT 2006

Mike Hearn wrote:

> Tell people they should work on a port to a platform they don't use and
> you'll be told to do the work yourself. Dismissive? Maybe. Unexpected? I'd
> hope not.

I never told anyone they should work on anything.  I've got an idea for
a processor emulation technique to enable Intel Windows applications to
run on PowerPC Mac OS X with high efficiency.  My project plan to use
Intel Darwin to port Wine (one of the necessary steps) has worked out
beautifully.  Did you notice it won the 2006 Sourceforge Community
Choice Awards in the Desktop Environment category?

I'm looking forward to Wine for Intel Mac OS X development moving to
WineHQ so Darwine's focus can return to the interesting part.

>>Lest you think I'm complaining here, I'm not.
>
> You clearly are complaining, there's no other way to describe it.

Actually the only complaint I've made has been about you. I appreciate
you making it clear to everyone who's got the attitude problem here.

Jim White wrote in Darwine on 2006-05-24:
> Jeremy White wrote:
>
>> Speaking of a better way...is there any reason we couldn't shift
>> the bulk of this development work over to WineHQ and to the Wine
>> develoment mailing lists?  That's where we do all of our work.
> Of course, then you'll be subject to Alexandre's oppresive regime :-/.
>
> I don't have a problem with Alexandre.  It's guys like Mike Hearn that
> give me heartburn...

While I realize it was a long email, it's clear you got to the end.  The
point of the email was to make a suggestion for action at WineHQ,
creating a wine-macosx mailing list, having provided a sound
justification for it.

Jim