How are we doing?

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Tue May 30 11:12:10 CDT 2006

>  * Is Wine improving or is the regression rate matching the improvement
>    rate?
>
>  * Are we producing a quality product, from the perspective of
>    non-technical end users?   (I appreciate this isn't a goal for everyone)

Note that I intend to make another big push for the use of CxTest shortly so
that we can start to build application level regression tests, and hopefully
start making application level claims of reliability.

(Today, I believe that Alexandre formally guarantees that Solitaire will work,
but I believe that's about it <grin>).

I had hoped to have regular application testing be on the 1.0 list.

On a side note, there is something that worries me a bit.  Specifically,
it appears that we have a dirty secret about the regression tests - that
they only work reliably on Alexandre's machine.  Is that true?
Shouldn't we do something about that?  Or am I on crack, and lots of
people run all the tests cleanly every day...

Cheers,

Jeremy