Patch for opengl32.dll.so

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Fri Nov 3 06:57:33 CST 2006

> On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 05:46:07PM +0100, Christoph Frick wrote:
>
> > > Hmm, if that is indeed the case this patch could work for them. The
> > > whole issue is new for me, I'll see what I can do about it. Right now
> > > there's some GLX code in opengl32 which creates an opengl context. I
> > > was planning to replace it with WGL code, that might help too (if I
> > > load the function pointers afterwards). Perhaps Alexandre has an idea
> > > how to correctly fight the race condition.
> > just for the files: the glGetIntegerv is also the last thing that the
> > java stacktrace of IL2 shows up. i will try this patch against all the
> > games, that are no longer working on my end.
>
> one of the patches from 2006-10-31 fixed my problems as it seems. IL2
> now crashed out 1 of 4 starts but with another error. the remaining
> stuff is fine - although NASCAR 2003 is very slow now.
>
> --
> cu

Regarding the slowness of nascar2003 is it caused by the recent patches a none of them have really changed the code. The patches I have sent have mainly changed the location of the code (location in opengl32.dll/gdi32.dll/winex11.drv). The only change that could have had performance implications was the pixel format of august/september.

Regards,
Roderick

--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl