Missing locale resources

Kirill K. Smirnov lich at math.spbu.ru
Fri Nov 3 07:40:23 CST 2006

Hi!

I want to add a new string resource to winhelp program.
I've modified only English-localized .rc file.
My locale is Ru.
When I trying to load this string, LoadString() function returns 0 and
GetLastError() returns 0 too.
I expect English string to be loaded, but no string is loaded.

When I explicitly set locale
  LC_ALL=C winhelp
then string is loaded OK (nothing else expected).

So, the question: is this behaviour of resource loader correct?
Should it fallback to LANG_ENGLISH SUBLANG_DEFAULT if localized string not
found and LANG_NEUTRAL/SUBLANG_NEUTRAL is requested (as LoadString does)?

Thanks in advance

-- Kirill K. Smirnov