Executing wine over make segfaults.

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 4 21:32:07 CST 2006

># wine --version
>Works!
>
>But:
>
>Makefile
>---------
>test:
>        wine --version
>---------
>
>Then run:
>#make test
>
>Wine will segfault!

I am having the same problem.

I use wine to run a compiler from a Makefile. A few months ago,
it worked fine, but recently it stopped working. I even downgraded
to versions that had worked before, but without success.

I have a few older systems that rarely get updated and are
working fine, so I was not too concerned about it, but when
I saw that 0.9.24 worked, I thought I was back in business....
except it doesn't work from make.

The system is gentoo linux (2.6.18-gentoo-r1)

wine compiled like this:
./configure --prefix=/usr --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
--infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
--localstatedir=/var/lib --sysconfdir=/etc/wine --without-curses
--without-opengl --with-x --disable-trace --disable-debug
--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu

>Do you have any special kernel compile options in use?

It's gentoo, so everything is custom compiled, but I try to keep
it pretty vanilla. I don't think I have stack-protector on unless
that is the default for gcc-4.1.1

I could try installing an older version of gcc or an older kernel
and see if that helps.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your time.