Linux with Wine is faster than windowsXP?

ErV ErV2005 at yandex.ru
Sun Nov 5 12:22:24 CST 2006

Dmitry<dmitry at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> Calculating PI is not a representative OS performance test at all, since
> it doesn't involve actual OS facilities and mostly uses CPU math power
> only.

Well, I'm not talking about a performance. Since calculating PI is a
pure CPU-related task, results must be same or linearly dependand. As I understand, WINE
does not modify program, just loads it and resolve references to
dlls to correct equivalents. But calculation times surely aren't
linearly dependant nor equal. Why?

Victor "ErV" Eremin.