When will ie6 registry key be added?

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Sun Nov 5 15:23:54 CST 2006

Steven Edwards wrote:
> On 11/5/06, *Stefan Dösinger* <stefandoesinger at gmx.at
> <mailto:stefandoesinger at gmx.at>> wrote:
>
>     Will ie6 still install then?

AFAIR someone found that if we set minor version to less than the recent
one, ie6 will install. I've never checked it.

> I wonder if we should add a listbox to winecfg to set the Internet
> Explorer version. This matter has come up often enough that there
> needs to be some way to set it and or toggle it for certain
> applications. I'm thinking something like the option for like the
> Windows version.
IMO it's not the way to go. We should always set IE registry. The only
app that can be affected by adding these registry keys is IE itself. If
any other app is negatively affected, we should fix it in Wine.

Jacek