Executing wine over make segfaults.

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Mon Nov 6 06:25:39 CST 2006

> >fixme:seh:check_no_exec No-exec fault triggered at 0x401000, enabling
> >work-around
>
> Are you using SeLinux or some other patches?  If so, please try building
> your kernel from the vanilla Linux kernel.org sources.

Hi Mike!
  I take you very seriously, I know that you are a real wine guru, but I know
that those messages are not related to the segfaulting problem.

  1) These messages appear only on a x86_64 architecture. On i386 the crash
is the same but the messages are not there.
  2) There are other apps, which work perfectly, although they emit the same
messages.
  3) I'm using exec-shield patch, but I can disable it (for sure, tested by
the pax testing suite) using a procfs entry. Even with exec-shield disabled
the crash is still there, and in 2.6.17, even with exec-shield enabled, there
is no crash.
            With regards, Pavel Troller