mscoree: Detect if the current program is a GUI one and pop up a warning about not supporting .NET (4/4)

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 22:27:39 CST 2006

On 11/13/06, Paul Chitescu <paulc at voip.null.ro> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Nov 2006, James Hawkins wrote:
> > On 11/13/06, Paul Chitescu <paulc at voip.null.ro> wrote:
> >> Changelog: mscoree: Detect if the current program is a GUI one and pop up a
> >> warning about not supporting .NET (4/4)
> >>

> > I think a fixme is sufficient.  It's worked for all the other
> > unimplemented features we don't provide.
>
> It's because the next move (when I add back the Mono support code) is to
> offer the user the opportunity to download and install Mono (win32) just
> like the current mshtml does with Gecko.

I don't mind the offer to download mono, like we do for gecko, but we
don't need a GUI message in the meantime.  We didn't show a GUI
message in mshtml before Mozilla/Gecko was loadable, and we shouldn't
do it in this case either.  A fixme will suffice.

> Moreover, a GUI .NET program launched from another executable will
> probably not provide any output or it will be buried in the other's
> program output.

Even if the .NET program is launched from another program, the fixme
will still show up in the console output.

--
James Hawkins