winhelp: wRefCount

Kirill K. Smirnov lich at math.spbu.ru
Sun Nov 19 11:52:05 CST 2006

В сообщении от 19 ноября 2006 19:23 вы написали:
> actually we should decrement the count for:
> - closing the window attached to a page
> - upon exit, remove references in history (and attached refcounts)
> that should help here (not sure I got them all though)

To be honest, I do not understand "cleary and distinctly" what wRefCount
represents.
Now, I consider wRefCount as amount of history entries (referring to the file)
in all histories. But what to do with popup windows? They are not in any
history. Also, there are help files used ONLY in popup windows (e.g.
wdtip8.hlp in MS Office 97).
This is another problem to meditate upon.

-- Kirill K. Smirnov