Tests for the Win16-API

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Mon Nov 20 14:24:27 CST 2006

Hi.

During some bug-hunting, i found a Problem with the 16Bit version of
GetSystemDirectory.
(WinXP returned "%windir%\system", wine: "%windir%\system32")

The bad thing is, that we have no tests for the 16Bit API at all.

I already tried Open Watcom on linux a while ago, and with the
attached Patch for "include/wine/test.h", i'm able to cross-compile
a standalone 16Bit test with Open Watcom 1.6beta
(See attached Example: "sysdir.c")

The test still need the header from the compiler, as "windows.h" from
wine is not Win16-aware.

Including Win16-Tests in the wine testsuite is still not possible yet
(stdio limitations in Win16), but this Patch is a first step.

Comments are welcome.
Thanks

--

By by ... Detlef