[5/6] wined3d: Make CreateFakeGLContext thread safe.

Jan Zerebecki jan.wine at zerebecki.de
Wed Nov 22 02:08:40 CST 2006

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 07:10:30PM +0800, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> You could avoid a call to LeaveCriticalSection by moving
> EnterCriticalSection
> after the wined3d_fake_gl_context_available check.

This would make this sequence of events (perhaps only in theory)
possible:

release  wined3d_fake_gl_context_available==FALSE
create   enter lock
create   wined3d_fake_gl_context_available=TRUE
create   leave lock
release  TRACE_(d3d_caps)("context not available\n");
release  return

Though this is not realy a race condition, the trace doesn't
realy tell the whole truth in this sequence of events, either. I
think it's easier to see that the original code has correct
locking (compared to your suggestion) and as this part of the
code is not realy time critical, I prefer to leave it that way.

Jan

PS: Please try to honor Mail-Followup-To .