d3d [1]: Remove AddRef from IWineD3DDevice_GetVertexDeclaration.

Markus Amsler markus.amsler at oribi.org
Wed Nov 22 15:51:58 CST 2006

H. Verbeet wrote:
> On 22/11/06, Markus Amsler <markus.amsler at oribi.org> wrote:
>> It's about simplifying code, with the side effect of perhaps small
>> performance gains. It's also the first step to drop COM in wined3d, but
>> that's not my intention (it seems Stefan likes the idea).
> Well, you can't half-remove COM. If you start removing refcounts like
> this you have to follow it all the way through, imo.

I'm not half removing COM (at most 3% :-) ). lpVtble, IUnknown, IID_*,
... is still in place. I just simplified some refcount behaviour in
wined3d, which happens to make wined3d less dependandt on the refcount
COM feature. Which in turn makes it easier to remove COM.
I dont' dare even trying to remove COM. That would be far over my skills.