RFC: OpenAL Winmm driver and OpenAL32.dll thunk was Re:OpenALand DirectSound

Nick Burns adger44 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 22 18:16:13 CST 2006

Good point in some cases we can just let get proc address pipe the func ptr
directly back to the app..

But..
On Mac OSX -- the stack must be 16 byte aligned (for and lib/sys call) --
this means we need to thunk for the stack on Max OSX -- If Linux or other
plats have similar reqs then the thunking is required.

Personally I would rather have the layer as it gives us control on how
windows talks with the system.

- Nick