Extending the testframe to cope with different windows versions

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 06:33:47 CST 2006

Hi,

after my last patch to yet 'remove' another test I had another look at
tests.winehq.org. With the arrival of IE7 and of course a lot of changes
to dll's (not even mentioning Vista) it looks like Windows versions are
starting to behave not even close to similar.

How can we deal with these differences? Several tests we have already
include checks against a lot of possible return values or errorcodes.
It's a shame when we have to stop running a test because it fails on 1
or more versions of Windows.

If the end-result is that we start excluding more-and-more tests, then
we should start doubting the usefulness of the regression tests.

Any ideas ?

Cheers,

Paul.