[6/6] Add a partial COFF library support to the winedump

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Sun Nov 26 02:30:44 CST 2006

Dmitry Timoshkov a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> this implementation is able to parse imports libraries from the PSDK
> and hopefully should help interested parties to check/synchronize ordinal
> imports between Wine and Windows.
>
> The dumper is not able (yet) to parse import libraries with the long format
> described in Portable Executable and Common Object File Format Specification
> and uuid.lib.

I think it's a bad idea to "force" the kind of file on the command line
for dumping
I'd rather see winedump guess the file format based on the file header,
as we do for .exe, .dll, .mdmp, .pdb, .dbg...
we didn't do it for emf and lnk because it seems they don't have a
simple header to find it out, but .lib files definitively have

you should also provide support for the -C option (symbol demangling)

BTW, I have a couple of patches for debug files dumping (.pdb, .dbg...),
that should help the dumping of debug information from a coff file (when
needed)

A+