Call for DirectPlay captures

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 15:39:06 CST 2006

Hi folks,

As you might know, I'm currently toying with figuring out the MS DirectPlay
protocol. I've been making some progress with my wireshark dissector over the
weekend, and would be interested in some additional games to get more
different data on some of this stuff.

Here's what I would like you to do (if you want to help out):

Fire up a network sniffer that dumps to libpcap format. Grab TCP and UDP
packets.
Start a game that uses DirectPlay for networking and start a network game.

Start the game on another box and connect to the game. Now, in the game lobby,
use the chat to say something from both games. Then, change a setting or two
and start the game. After a few moments of playing (or more, your pick),
leave the game. After both games are closed, you can stop the capture, zip it
up and send it to me.

Thanks in advance,
Kai

--
Kai Blin, <kai Dot blin At gmail Dot com>
WorldForge developer    http://www.worldforge.org/