d3d [1]: Remove AddRef from IWineD3DDevice_GetVertexDeclaration.

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Nov 28 10:42:25 CST 2006

Am Dienstag 28 November 2006 16:55 schrieb Alexandre Julliard:
> Markus Amsler <markus.amsler at oribi.org> writes:
> > I wasn't fully aware of the importance of the COM refcount rules, just
> > saw the opportunity for simplification. For removing COM it would be
> > probably better to start with removing the lpVtbl's. I agree it's
> > probably best to revert them for consistency. Should I send patches?
>
> If we are not going further with the COM removal, then yes if you
> could send patches to revert the changes that would be good.
I proposed getting rid of COM some time ago, but I didn't consider that we
need some features like inheritance.

I think we should keep COM, but get rid of the D3D-Specific Addrefs because
they are different between the various versions d3d versions. So keep the
AddRef in IUnknown methods(QueryInterface namely), and GetParent, but do not
AddRef in d3d methods(SetTexture / GetTexture, ...)

Opinions?