[AppDB] Allow maintainer request on app submission

Chris Morgan cmorgan at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Nov 29 16:20:50 CST 2006

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 1:58 pm, Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes wrote:
> New and improved version.
>

> Regards,
>
> Alexander N. Sørnes

Looks a lot better.

+        // Allow user to apply as super maintainer if this is a new app
+        if(!$this->iAppId or $this->iAppId == "/")
+        {
+            if($this->bSuperMaintainerRequest)

Why are you comparing the iAppId against a string containing a forward slash?

+        /* Approve automatically if submitted by an admin */
+        if($_SESSION['current']->AppCreatedMustBeQueued())
+            $this->sQueued = 'true';
+        else
+            $this->sQueued = 'false';
+

We probably want to make a new interface function here like
MaintainerCreatedMustBeQueued() so we don't overload the meaning of this
function. Today we aren't very particular about user roles but adding user
roles is something we should do and keeping these privilages finely grained
is useful.

Also, the unit tests don't pass after this change. I suspect something related
to the queueing changes:

test_user_update_password() starting
test_user_update_password() passed
test_maintainer_getMaintainerCountForUser() starting
test_maintainer_getMaintainerCountForUser() passed
test_maintainer_getAppsMaintained() starting
aAppsMaintained is null, we expected a non-null return value!<-------------
test_maintainer_getAppsMaintained() failed!

test_query_parameters() starting
test_query_parameters() passed

You can run these by going into the appdb/unit_test/ directory and
executing ./run_tests from the command line. Make sure you don't have
sendmail configured or you may end up sending emails around. We should really
disable emailing at the start of the unit tests...

Chris