Concerning the separate OpenAL32.dll thunk patch and OpenAL winmm driver patch

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 01:44:03 CST 2006

On 11/30/06, Fabian Cenedese <Cenedese at indel.ch> wrote:
> Vista drops DirectSound or better said, the EAX effects won't work anymore.
> That's why Creative Labs switches over to OpenAL. So it might become
> much more important in the future.

If Creative switched over to using it then I expect all of the future
drivers they post that are WHQL will have this dll. I'd say this makes
it worth installing. Someone should check if new vista driver
downloads from Creative include this or even if Windows Update for
Vista loads it.

--
Steven Edwards