KERNEL: honor additional DLL search paths under HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\App Paths

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at
Mon Oct 2 20:11:57 CDT 2006

Alex Villací­s Lasso wrote:
> Mike McCormack escribió:
>> Alex Villací­s Lasso wrote:
>>> Changelog:
>>> * Check under HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\App
>>> Paths\\EXENAME.EXE for
>>>  additional directory locations to search for DLLs. Fixes Dreamweaver
>>> MX 6.0.
>> This change is incorrect.  The App Pathes key is checked by
>> ShellExecute, not by CreateProcess.
>> Try running "wine start exename.exe"
>> Mike
> [alex at srv64 Dreamweaver MX]$ wine start Dreamweaver.exe
> L"C:\\Archivos de programa\\Macromedia\\Dreamweaver
> MX\\Configuration\\JSExtensions\\DWEMLaunch.dll") not found
> Dreamweaver still can't find the DLL without my patch, even with the
> "start" command, as demonstrated in the previous trace. Did you mean
> that my patch *should* have placed the check in ShellExecute? Does
> cmd.exe from Windows XP use CreateProcess or ShellExecute? I plan to
> install DreamWeaver MX 6 inside a virtual machine, to check actual
> behavior. If cmd.exe uses CreateProcess and your statement is correct,
> then the error message should also appear when Dreamweaver.exe is
> executed from the command line.
You have to run it from other directory. Actually from _any_ directory
but the one that exe is in. Don't ask me - ask m$ why they came up with
this sort of .... stuff.

Btw it will fail on win exactly the same way.