Copy protection

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 03:38:54 CDT 2006

> It sounds like a general framework for routing these kind of raw disk
> i/o would be useful...  probably configurable by app would be most
> useful.
>
> thoughts?

I agree, a sandbox system where the 'litter box' (a sand box to put
all your crap) would hold potentialy dangerous direct disk accesses to
the MBR or close to it. it might be worth making one per app and
making sure that you can't just read the contents so obscure it in
some way as to allow us to prove that we're out for compatability and
not piracy.