A wine success story

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Oct 5 16:15:41 CDT 2006

I admit, I cruise new blog posts just to see what people are writing about Wine.

Today I saw one  ( http://www.ubuntux.org/shockwave-player-ubuntu-linux )
that says
"I have discovered a way to get Shockwave working under Linux.
I am using Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake), Wine 0.99.22, Firefox 1.5.0.7,
and Shockwave 10.1.4.020.

   1. Install Wine.  ...  Wine will automatically associate .exe files
with itself.
More information on Wine is available at http://www.winehq.com .
   2. Download the Windows version of Firefox and install.  Wine will
ensure the installer functions correctly.
   3. Install the Windows version of Shockwave for Mozilla.  I
downloaded and installed it manually (slim install).

After these steps, I had a working Shockwave player from within Firefox. "

Now that's the kind of user story I like to see!
- Dan