A wine success story

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Oct 5 16:15:41 CDT 2006

I admit, I cruise new blog posts just to see what people are writing about Wine.

Today I saw one  ( http://www.ubuntux.org/shockwave-player-ubuntu-linux )
that says
"I have discovered a way to get Shockwave working under Linux.
I am using Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake), Wine 0.99.22, Firefox,
and Shockwave

   1. Install Wine.  ...  Wine will automatically associate .exe files
with itself.
More information on Wine is available at http://www.winehq.com .
   2. Download the Windows version of Firefox and install.  Wine will
ensure the installer functions correctly.
   3. Install the Windows version of Shockwave for Mozilla.  I
downloaded and installed it manually (slim install).

After these steps, I had a working Shockwave player from within Firefox. "

Now that's the kind of user story I like to see!
- Dan