Wine and HeidiSQL

Alex Villací­s Lasso a_villacis at
Fri Oct 6 18:53:18 CDT 2006

Ansgar Becker escribió:
> Hi there,
> I'm Ansgar Becker, the main-author of HeidiSQL. I saw that HeidiSQL is
> in your appdb! very cool ;)
> However, some of the buttons on HeidiSQL's main-toolbar are twisted.
> I'm not a C programmer, so I'm a bit lost in Wine... but I can fix it
> in HeidiSQL. The only thing is, how to properly detect if I'm running
> under Wine?
> Any help would be appreciated!
> Greetings and thanks a lot!
> Ansgar
The proper fix is not for HeidiSQL to detect Wine, but for Wine to be
fixed so HeidiSQL displays buttons correctly. Hmm... I see HeidiSQL is a
Borland Delphi (Pascal) app. Is it also subject to the same bug under
GNOME/Metacity as the one described in (KDE is unaffected)? Maybe
you should file a bug report on the button issue, and (if affected) add
yourself as watcher of bug #1598. BTW, what wine version are you using
(latest CVS is 0.9.22).

Alex Villacís Lasso

The following cryptic message was allegedly found in the inner edge of a Windows
XP installation CD:

It is rumored that only a true Unix Wizard can decypher this mysterious message,
which supposedly encodes the true nature and purpose of the software.