include: Safely discard the const qualifier using the discard_const macro

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Sat Oct 7 04:19:41 CDT 2006

On Saturday 07 October 2006 10:27, Andrew Talbot wrote:

> I think this sort of double casting is the way to go. I would just mention

An alternative would be to make the return value const. Although these
functions are wide character equivalents of POSIX functions they are Wine
internal functions, so we can change their prototypes. But yes, the
difference may confuse programmers.

This will introduce cast-qual warnings but by far not as many as it
eliminates. Those can be solved by creating a copy of the buffer or by
using a local wrapper that double-casts the constness away.

 -Hans