mscoree: Invoke installed win32 mono runtime or exec mono native for .NET executables

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Mon Oct 9 13:05:51 CDT 2006

On Monday 09 October 2006 17:50, Paul Chitescu wrote:

> I changed the patch to temporarily change the current directory to Mono's
> so that libraries can be loaded from there. Calling mono.exe is a bad idea
> but if you want to use it you can put the unix path in registry.

Why? Is calling mono.exe worse than calling native mono? At least it's a
stable interface. I see you are now checking mono.dll, mono-1.dll and
mono-2.dll. What if Mono releases mono-2007.dll? Are the APIs you use
declared stable by the Mono project?

> Does the same application run with mono.exe or with native mono? That

It produces the same error with mono.exe and a different one with native.

 -Hans