Anybody have a RegDeleteTree[A|W] implementation lying around?

Paul Vriens Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 11 02:54:41 CDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 16:32 -0500, Brad DeMorrow wrote:
> Is Anyone currently working on this?
>
> If Not - I would like to start working on this part myself, it seems
> like it is fairly simple - but tedious work :-)
>
> Shouldn't be too much of a hassle and should help a little
>
> --Brad DeMorrow
>

> On 9/28/06, Frank Richter <frank.richter at gmail.com> wrote:
>         On 28.09.2006 15:26, Paul Vriens wrote:
>         > I'll have a few hours tomorrow and will have a look. The
>         cleanest
>         > solution for now seems to create RegDeleteTree[A|W] in
>         advapi32 and use
>         > that wherever possible (unless we find that it forwards to
>         shlwapi).
>         > Most DLL's already import advapi32.
>
>         Hmm... isn't advapi32 "lower level" than shlwapi? I'd expect
>         that if
>         forwarding takes place then it'd be shlwapi->advapi32.
>
>         -f.r.

I've created a wikipage for it:

http://wiki.winehq.org/RecursiveRegistryKeyDelete

There you can find pointers to several implementations already.

When I raised the question I thought I could find some spare time. (I
didn't obviously).

As RegDeleteTree is a Vista function (and thus not officially there
yet), I'm not sure how Alexandre would react to this. Of course we need
some conformance tests for this, but the only OS's where it will run
will be Vista and Wine. I'm not sure whether winetest can cope with
Vista yet.

I'd say go for it and use one of the many implementations we already
have as a base. Maybe the best one is SHDeleteKey as that's an official
one (with tests already) and you'd only have to leave out the last
RegDeleteKey.

Cheers,

Paul.