WineD3D State management - going live(TM)

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Fri Oct 20 05:10:01 CDT 2006

Am Freitag 20 Oktober 2006 12:00 schrieb H. Verbeet:
> On 20/10/06, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> > Hmm, the sampler states are per sampler in d3d, and per texture object in
> > gl as far as I know. So we have to find some way if the sampler states
> > are changed regarding the texture used for drawing. This is getting
> > tricky :-/
>
> Yes, sRGB support has a problem with that as well.
Things like sRGB where the concept of activating it is entirely different
between d3d and opengl won't fit into the state management anyway. We will
have to take care for sRGB in SetTexture, SetSamplerState and maybe
ApplyStateBlock(depending on what Ivan's tests show).

Looks like we have to deal with sampler states seperately, the way they are
set differs too much between d3d and gl.

> > Texture stage states are per stage in d3d and opengl afaik(except of
> > those that are wrapped to samplers in ddraw/d3d8). Any idea how much
> > texture stages d3d10 supports, if the concept of them still exists?
>
> I don't know for sure, but I doubt it. Texture stages are pretty much
> a fixed function thing.
Yup. But you never know ms, some texture stage states affect shaders too. Time
to check the dx10 sdk.