WineD3D State management - going live(TM)

Jaap Stolk jwstolk at
Sun Oct 22 01:57:34 CDT 2006

On 10/22/06, Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg231 at> wrote:
> > and we loose the ability to
> > set up a constant table in the code.
> The constant table is usually a bad idea, and this demonstrates why -

I'm in favor of flexibility, but is it correct to assume that the
number of functions that won't work very well with the table is small
In that case we could put some special number in the table that
indicates something like "look in the switch statement instead" for
those functions. This way we keep the flexibility, keep the switch
statement small and keep the standard functions optimized.