Update RelayExclude and add RelayFromExclude filter in order to avoid not useful APIs in the traces

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Oct 23 10:26:09 CDT 2006

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
[...]
> Yes sorry you are correct.
>
> For some reason I thought it removed all relay traces from those dlls.
> But it removes only traces from internal calls to those dlls.

Actually your first impression was right. RelayFromExclude filters out
relay traces of calls made by (that is *from*) the specified dlls.
However you will still see calls made *to* these dlls.

Here are some practical examples. If RelayFromExclude="kernel32;user32"

Module making | Module containing | Relay trace
the call      | the called API    | in the log?
 app          | user32            | Yes
 app          | kernel32          | Yes
 user32       | gdi32             | No
 user32       | kernel32          | No
 gdi32        | kernel32          | Yes
 kernel32     | ntdll             | No

          The last time religion ruled, it was called the dark ages.