Propability that application X works in wine

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 12:18:13 CDT 2006

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 00:49, Robert Lunnon wrote:

> This could actually be computed for a crossection of application to give a
> general prediction, if you knew the frequency of use for each API call in a
> representative population of applications, and the completion status and
> criticality of all the cals in each API (or even just the % complete of the
> API - the problem being that the probability of a call being used isn't the
> same for all entry point in a given API)  - By the way, in general this is
> called FMECA - Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality analysis - look up
> this topic for further ideas.
>
> It'd make a nice University student project.

IIRC, David Gümbel's company ITOMIG [1] makes this kind of assesments, based
on technology developed during David's diploma thesis [2]. Unfortunately the
thesis is in German and the only whitepaper I found is German as well. Still,
David might be available for some suggestions, he should be reading this
list. (Also, Stefan should be able to read it ;) )

Cheers,
Kai

[1] http://www.itomig.de/
[2] http://www.itomig.de/uploads/media/Diplomarbeit_ganymede_ITOMIG.pdf

--
Kai Blin, <kai Dot blin At gmail Dot com>
WorldForge developer    http://www.worldforge.org/