WGL: wglGetProcAddress

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Thu Oct 26 01:19:20 CDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 12:07:44AM +0200, Roderick Colenbrander wrote:

Hi Roderick,

> This patch reimplements opengl32's wglGetProcAddress. The endresult is
> a more reliable function which doesn't directly call X functions.

I have tested this patch against current GIT and still i dont get any of
my games running. one thing i tried - as i assumed maybe there is a
circular dependency - was commenting out the call of

dlls/opengl32/wgl.c - void internal_glGetIntegerv:
  wine_wgl.p_wglGetIntegerv(pname, params);

and then at least racer [1] seem to work. yet the folloing games crash
quite in the beginning.

- IL2 Sturmovik/Pacific Fighters
- NASCAR 2003 (GTP Mod)
- Grand Prix Legends
- Operation Hellfile (Wintersonne) Demo [2]

I have applied your patch and did a make clean to have not to bother
with ignored dependencies and did after the make install a removal of
the opengl32.dll in the win-dir and a wineprefixcreate. have i missed
anything? i tested against nvidia drivers 87XX and 9626 and d3d apps and
native opengl apps are running fine.

[1] http://racer.nl/dl_beta.htm
[2] http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/undercover/operationwintersonnedemo.exe.html

--