winhlp32 implementation

Kirill K. Smirnov lich at math.spbu.ru
Fri Oct 27 03:53:31 CDT 2006

  Eric,
there is a mess in winhelp and winhlp32 in "Context" and "Topic" concept:
what winhelp calls "topic", winhlp32 calls "context", and what winhelp
calls "Context" winhlp32 calls "Topic without CNT section".
  So, the buttons are messed too.

I suspect there are other "features".

We couldn't implement winhlp32 and winhelp in one box.

I suggest to at least get rid of old winhelp interface in favor of winhlp32,
and create symlink winhelp->winhlp32 in windows directory.
Does it save the day?

>IMO, we don't need two apps but we could make most apps believe both
>winhelp & winhlp32 are present and put all effort into a single application
>we should also reimplement winhelp based on richedit for the rendering
>A+

richedit sound very good - select/copy very easy! (but riched32 is not
complete yet)

-- Kirill K. Smirnov