Help with git

Matt Finnicum mattfinn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 11:55:44 CDT 2006

What I do is to follow along with things on the shortlog:
http://source.winehq.org/git/?p=wine.git;a=shortlog

Lets say you want to move your current branch to my recent patch
"riched20: Rewrite of scrolling and some redrawing code." - you'd
click the link "commit" to the right of it. In the page that you'll be
taken to, you'll see a line like this:
commit	abecd9e393925e008449a80ec14682790b29042c

you can then do a "git reset --hard abecd9e393925e008449a80ec14682790b29042c"

and your git will be moved to the point in time right after that
commit. If you then want to manually apply a patch, click "commitdiff"
to the right of it's entry in the shortlog, followed by "plain" on the
top - this will take you to a plaintext diff of the patch, which you
could save to a file and apply with the patch command. ("patch -p1 <
thepatch.diff" usualy works well for me)

--Matt