start.exe: New feature allowing to specify the shell operation name

Dan Kegel dank at
Tue Sep 26 18:05:26 CDT 2006

>The new /O[peration] command line option allows to specify a shell
>operation other than "open".
> This is very valuable for testing or implementing actions from shell scripts.

Hmm.  I don't see that option in the Win XP documentation:

There's already one clash (/l) between wine's start and Windows'.
I hesitate to say that adding another extension is a good idea.
I'd feel better if the help mentioned that this is a Wine-specific extension.
- Dan