[winmm/winearts] Kill off winearts

Chris Morgan chmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 12:25:18 CDT 2007

On 4/4/07, Maarten Lankhorst <m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I can tell, it has been disabled for at least 4 months, and I didn't hear anyone about it, so it seems like a good idea to remove winearts, if anybody feels like reviving it, it would be easy to do so by reversing this commit, but KDE itself is moving away from arts, so I dont see a point in keeping this broken, disabled audio backend.

As the original author I'll second that opinion.

Btw, it would be nice if someone with low level knowledge of
threading/glibc could take a look at winejack. Jack is a much better
audio interface than arts and its a shame that it hasn't worked better
and I haven't been able to debug the issues that winejack has had.

Chris