notepad: Use the more explicitly UNICODE character type.

Byeong-Sik Jeon wjsqudtlr at
Thu Apr 5 21:51:40 CDT 2007

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> "Byeong-Sik Jeon" <wjsqudtlr at> wrote:
> > Changelog:
> >    Use the more explicitly UNICODE character type.
> Then you have to simultaneously explicitly start using unicode Win32 APIs.
Yes. I agree.

> I'd suggest you to start with the application that presumably doesn't
> work properly in multibyte locales and which you already started to look
> at - regedit, and leave notepad alone until there are real problems
> discovered.
For regedit:
  Step 1. Use TCHAR,*TSTR, and Use {A|W} support function
          (ex. lstrlen, ...). Currently regedit need the many fix.
  Step 2. Add "#define UNICODE"
  Step 3. Use WCHAR,*WSTR, Use wide function(ex, lstrlenW,
          LoadStringW, ...).

Thank you.