err:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_QueryInterface (0x1bdd28)

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sat Apr 7 15:23:10 CDT 2007

Am Samstag 07 April 2007 20:49 schrieb Klaus Layer:
> Am Samstag, 7. April 2007 14:01 schrieb Stefan Dösinger:
> > > when running an educational game, wine crashed and asked me to contact
> > > wine-devel. Below is the post mortem trace. Can anyone give me a hint
> > > what can be done?
> > >
> > > err:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_QueryInterface (0x1bdd28) The App is
> > > requesting

> > > D3D device, but a non-OpenGL surface type was choosen. Prepare for
>
> trouble!
>
> > > err:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_QueryInterface  (0x1bdd28) You may want to
> > > contact wine-devel for help
> >
> > Funky. Do you have any registry key like
> > HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D/DirectDrawRenderer = "gdi" set?
> > I think no, because otherwise you should get a different warnding I
> > think. If you have such a key set remove it, otherwise can you send a
> > +ddraw trace? (compressed, preferably).
> >
> > The fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0x501 from
> > extension are propably because you have an Intel graphics card. Those are
> > fairly untested by the Direct3D developers. The other fixme's are not
> > necessarilly unusual.
>
> Hi Stefan,
>
> the registry does not have the DirectDrawRenderer key. I activated the
> ddraw trace. Hope that helps to findout whats going on. I send the trace to
> your email address.
Looks like there is a bug in my ddraw usage detection code, but to be sure I'd
need a +ddraw,+d3d7 trace.

You can override the detection in favor of Direct3D / OpenGL by setting the
following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D/DirectDrawRenderer = "opengl"

But yet the detection should be fixed.