Is Wine a platform for Codeweaver to make money?! Please help me understand.

Jan Zerebecki jan.wine at zerebecki.de
Mon Apr 9 05:32:28 CDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 10:06:19PM +1200, Wesley Parish wrote:
> I was wondering, there is Wine, there is CrossOver, and there is Cedega.
> CrossOver I know contribute their source back, I don't know about Cedega

Since wine 0.9 someone with "transgaming" in the author field got
3 patches into wine. They don't publish some of their source
and/or part of their published source is not under LGPL or
another free software licence (both is legally allowed in that
case).

> , and
> I (apparently) can't run both Wine and CrossOver at one and the same time, I
> can't even install both (apparently - I could be wrong on this ;).

You can install multiple Wine installations, a crossover install
and a cedega install on the same machine without problems (though
it's some time ago that I verified it for the later two).

Jan