Richedit URL hyperlink bug

Matt Finnicum mattfinn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 14:06:42 CDT 2007

Hi,
The problem is most likely in that there's two kinds of links
happening at once - the automatically detected one and the manually
specified one.

The automatic detection is done in ME_AutoURLDetect at the very bottom
of editor.c.

I don't really have time to look at it myself until this weekend (yay
exams). I did notice one strangeness really quick though:

curf_ef = cur_format.dwEffects & link.dwEffects;
def_ef = default_format.dwEffects & link.dwEffects;
link_ef = link.dwEffects & link.dwEffects;

Usually you're supposed to check that a dwEffect is included in the
dwMask before using it. Also, that third line does... nothing? :)

A better way might be:
curf_ef = (cur_format.dwEffects & cur_format.dwMask)  & CFE_LINK;
def_ef = (default_format.dwEffects & default_format.dwMask) & CFE_LINK;
link_ef = (link.dwEffects & link.dwMask) & CFE_LINK;

I don't know if that's related to your problem, I can look into it
this weekend if it's still needed. If you don't find the problem
yourself, make sure to make a bug report and link to an executable
that demonstrates this :)

--Matt Finnicum