Removal of unused audio drivers

Vit Hrachovy vit.hrachovy at sandbox.cz
Thu Apr 12 07:02:57 CDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 01:54:17PM +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 01:01:43PM +0200, Vit Hrachovy wrote:
> > I'm using esd actively. There are some audiocard drivers OSS provide and
> > ALSA don't.
> >
> > I haven't used NAS at all and the winecfg delay annoys me too.
> > Regards
> > Vit
>
> What has esound (esd) to do with OSS?
>
> Ciao, Marcus

AFAIK OSS doesn't provide SW mixing. ESD does.

Given situation I have OSS-only capable audiocard and I want to use SW
mixing, ESD over OSS is an option for me to hear mixed audio streams
from several applications (mp3 as background and sounds from a game,
from example).

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Regards
Vit