Removal of unused audio drivers

Tomas Kuliavas tokul at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 12 08:21:20 CDT 2007

>> why do you compile the drivers in - or why do have the files around for
>> them? my audio dialog just shows oss and alsa; the others get dropped at
>> compile time. also there might be other platforms that have to use those
>> audio drivers - why drop something that works?
> I was just proposing to remove it to see how many people would really
> need it. If it's used it won't be removed, if nobody objects it means
> it's just a choice too many.

Dear thin X Window clients,

NAS driver removal plans were discussed by wine developers on Alpha
Centauri for 50 years.

Yours,
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz

:)

You will like decisions based on statistics only when you are part of
majority. Debian and Fedora have nas and esd support in separate packages.
libwine-nas is not required for wine installation on Debian Etch.

--
Tomas