Wine vs. Cedega in Benchmarks

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Thu Apr 12 13:27:56 CDT 2007

Am Donnerstag 12 April 2007 16:57 schrieb Tom Wickline:
> On 4/12/07, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> > > Nvidia SDK D3D Demos?
> > > Nvidia SDK OpenGL Demos?
> >
> > I don't think SDK demos are good performance benchmarks for overall
> > performance. They can find bottlenecks, but not predict how good
> > something is for games.
> >
> > They could show which features work in Wine / Cedega
>
> Unfair????  Have you ever read there propaganda news letter? of all
> the features they support.. of just how green the grass is over there
> ;)
Does that mean we have to do the same?

They claim the grass is green as far as games are related. They do not sell
cedega as a tool to run sdk demos. Otherwise we may say Wine is better for
gaming because it runs Microsoft Office 2003 and thus VBA games will work. We
should only compare the functionality Transgaming advertizes in my opinion.