D3D: Enumerate Palettized formats for ddraw

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sat Apr 14 07:16:18 CDT 2007

Am Samstag 14 April 2007 05:15 schrieb Vitaly Budovski:
> Stefan � wrote:
> > apps. D3D8 is unaffected because it passes WINED3DFMT_UNKNOWN to wined3d.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to not pass WINED3DFMT_UNKNOWN and then treat it
> in a special way?
> I think it would make more sense to just check for the supported formats
> in D3D8 much like you do for DDRAW now.
Yes, you are right in theory.

The trouble is that unlike ddraw, each format has to have a fixed index, which
has to remain the same for each combination of parameters. Thus I found
making a number of calls with a number of known possible pixel formats a bit
tricky.

I think it is a good idea to fix that somehow, but I think it shouldn't be in
this patch.