Ubuntu packages for wine-0.9.35 are broken and missing text on suse 9.3

Nick Law nlaw at nildram.co.uk
Sat Apr 14 17:07:29 CDT 2007

> this is supposedly clean 0.9.34 from git repository, same font bug.
> 0.9.34 from .deb is fine, I earlier mailed wine deb maintainer about
> this, maybe its not the wine code, but gcc/glibc?

Further info on the missing text in the build in notepad.exe app.

By selecting a different font via the [edit][fonts] menu option in
notepad, TrueType fonts appear to work ok, the fonts that are not
visible are ...

System
Courier
MS Sans Serif
Small fonts

The first time you start notepad after a fresh install of wine it seems
to start with the font called 'system'. After that it will start up with
whatever the last font used was."

Nick