Ubuntu packages for wine-0.9.35 are broken and missing text on suse 9.3

Nick Law nlaw at nildram.co.uk
Sat Apr 14 17:17:49 CDT 2007

Nick Law wrote:

>> this is supposedly clean 0.9.34 from git repository, same font bug.
>> 0.9.34 from .deb is fine, I earlier mailed wine deb maintainer about
>> this, maybe its not the wine code, but gcc/glibc?
>>
> Further info on the missing text in the build in notepad.exe app.
>
> By selecting a different font via the [edit][fonts] menu option in
> notepad, TrueType fonts appear to work ok, the fonts that are not
> visible are ...
>
> System
> Courier
> MS Sans Serif
> Small fonts
>
> The first time you start notepad after a fresh install of wine it
> seems to start with the font called 'system'. After that it will start
> up with whatever the last font used was."
>
> Nick

Also just spotted the following post with font issues in .35

Comment for 'Watchtower Library 2006' added by Scott Burch
To reply to this email please use the link provided below.
DO NOT reply via your email client as it will not reach the person who wrote the comment
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=6807#Comment-20069

Subject: 9.35 font problems.

Just updated to 0.9.35 and now the fonts are very bad, can hardly read them.  Anyone know what happened?

Thanks Scott...

Best regards.
The AppDB team
http://appdb.winehq.org/