Ubuntu packages for wine-0.9.35 are broken

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Sun Apr 15 00:37:45 CDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 13:08 -0600, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> I'm getting number of reports on #winehq as well as in bugzilla about
> new Ubuntu packages for 0.9.35 having problems with displaying text and
> mouse cursor. It appears there were some problems with xrandr during
> compiling them.
>
> Scott could you take a look at this and fix them as soon as you can? Or
> at least remove broken packages from the repository?
>
> Vitaliy.

The only change between this package and the previous one (0.9.34) was
that I removed libarts1-dev as a build dependency.  I'm using the same
machine, build environment, and everything.  If there's a problem, it's
likely a Wine one.

I would venture to guess that the reason there seem to be so many Ubuntu
problems is because we have so many Ubuntu users - as noted earlier,
though, SuSE seems to have brokenness as well.

I did notice after running Winecfg something unexpected happened: it
started profiling the fonts all over again like it was the first time I
had run it.  Something must have changed in this new version, and it
might have broken older installs.

Does that help narrow it down?

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie