winealsa: implement opening and closing of device, and return caps.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Mon Apr 16 06:30:40 CDT 2007

Maarten Lankhorst <m.b.lankhorst at> writes:

> +/* Note: this thread can be TerminateThread'd, when not in critical section
> + * Hence I use alloca here, and a critical section to protect when it is not
> + * desired to be TerminateThread'd, assume when the critical section is taken
> + * we won't ever get it back and we're signalled to terminate
> + */
> +static DWORD WINAPI callback_thread(LPVOID lParam)

You can't use TerminateThread for normal termination, it should only
be used for fatal erros when cleaning up properly is not
possible. Also please don't use alloca.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at