Request for small bit of mentoring

Tom Spear speeddymon at
Mon Apr 16 16:44:58 CDT 2007

On 4/16/07, Briareos <auronsrv at> wrote:
> Am Montag, 16. April 2007 22:35 schrieb Tom Spear:
> > I found a small bug in the uninstaller program, and would like to
> > write the fix myself.  I have a working copy in my local tree, but it
> > duplicates code.
> >
> > Basically I found that uninstaller does not scan the uninstall
> > registry entry of HKEY_CURRENT_USER.  I took lines 196-197 and
> > duplicated that, changing HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, and
> > then did the same for lines 210-228.  I would like to get down to a
> > smaller linecount, but I would like to do the patch myself, so I would
> > appreciate some assistance in figuring out how.  Could someone email
> > me privately to help?
> Are you by chance talking about Steam?

No im talking about the wine uninstaller program.  From the command
line, type uninstaller.

It's located in wine/programs/uninstaller..

It's wine's version of the Add/Remove Programs control panel applet.

By the way, in case anyone wants to review it to offer comment, the
patch is attached.

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!