Old versions of Acrobat Pro tryout?

Alex Waite awaite2 at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 17 20:02:04 CDT 2007

Tom Wickline wrote:
> On 4/15/07, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>> > Hey Tom,
>
> Hey Dan,
>

>> I think I'm going to focus on Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Acrotat Pro
>> for a while... so that's it for new wiki pages for a while :-)
>> - Dan
>>

> I haven't had much luck finding older trial versions of Acrobat or
> Dreamweaver everything Ive come across just points to Macromedia or
> adobe for the download. I have found some shady sites with downloads,
> hacks, cracks and the likes.. I really don't believe I should post
> those links here, when I have a little free time ill look around some
> more.

Hey, My name is Alex and I've been lurking around Wine for a year or so
now.  I saw your request for trial versions and I took a look around
trying to find them.  I'm not sure how far back you're hoping to find,
but here is what I found so far.

*I'm not sure if you are adverse to downloading straight from Adobe, but
here is a link to request version 7.  I filled it out and it had me
download a little download helper app to get version 7.  I ran it and it
started downloading.  Likely it will work.
http://www.adobe.com/special/acrobat/acrobatonline/acropro_tryout/acropro_reg.html
(This is the link e-mailed to me; it might save you from registering.)
http://www.adobe.com/special/acrobat/acrobatonline/acropro_tryout/acropro_popup.html
*Here's another Adobe link - this one for version 6
http://www.adobe.com/special/acrobat/acrobatonline/tryreg.html

*Adobe's FTP server has nothing useful on it for Acrobat, though plenty
for other products.  I can't even login to the old macromedia ftp server
to look for dreamweaver.

I'll let you know if I find anything more exciting.

---Alex